Technology is changing the customer banking experience more rapidly than ever before. Are you the type of person who wants to keep up and keep innovating? Our 10,000 strong Technology team is the bedrock of Westpac Group, enabling it to continue delighting customers through our innovative thinking and creative solutions.
As one of the most dynamic and exciting areas of our business, we represent the way forward for Westpac Group and how people experience our brand. The innovation, energy and talent of our team will build and evolve the tools to help our customers manage and plan their financial security. Join us in our vision to become one of the world’s leading service companies.
We believe in building career pathways for our Cadets and providing a learning experience that will kick-start their Technology career. We want to open doors for you with exposure to project management, business analysis, process re-engineering, change management and data mining and modelling.
When you join the Westpac Group Technology Cadet Program, you are in charge of your career. Choose rotations which interest you, build your networks with our well-respected leaders and mentors or take up a unique opportunity to spend six months in a different part of the bank. The program is really what you make of it!
We are on a journey to change the banking experience, so be a part of it and join Westpac Group Technology!
Technology Cadets will spend six months of the year at university and six months working full-time in our business. During a work placement, most Cadets opt to complete one or two subjects at university simultaneously, making use of the flexibility offered at Westpac. On each rotation, cadets will get to experience a different role and team, which is a great way to build their experience and grow their network. Past cadets have found themselves working on projects like:
- Working on a multimillion dollar project building BT's next 'wealth platform';. This includes working with cutting-edge technologies and approaches to project management.
- Providing a tablet-optimized mobile banking solution to the bank's Android-device as part of Westpac's mobile banking service. This is particularly valuable as tablet ownership statistics show Android use improving.
Skills You'll Learn
- Project management and business analysis
- Software architecture and engineering
- Design, development and deployment
- Reporting and analysis
- Coding techniques
- Agile and waterfall methodology
- Security and risk prevention
- Problem resolution
- Networking and professional conduct
- Collaboration techniques
Following your Graduate program, you will further develop your career in one of the following areas:
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Architecture and Design
- Information Security
- Systems Management
Macquarie Group is new to the ETCAD Program. The firm intends to place cadets in its Technology Division.
Watch this space for further information.